Nigiri sushi for beginners
Nigiri sushi for beginners is for people who already have experience in making sushi rolls and is eager to raise the level and learn something new.
Many believe that the nigiri is a lump of rice with a slice of fish. You are all wrong. I would argue that you have never tasted a nigiri made by a Japanese trained sushi chef.
To fillet a fish is not the easiest thing in the world the quality must be high enough so it can be used for sushi. What makes it difficult is that there are no identical fish.
It is also important that you know where to start cutting the fish for nigiri. From fish tail or near the head you must have complete control of the filet.
If you want to make nigiri which is ‘to die for’, then you must know the amount of rice used and how combine the rice and fish by using different hand techniques so it becomes a gastronomic experience.
There is plenty to address it will be challenging, fun and educational.
Nigiri sushi for beginners 1 is primarily for people who:
– Already have mastered the Japanese cooking techniques at beginner level.
– Are used to make sushi at home.
– Eager to know the secrets of sushi which is considered a gastronomic experience.
The course is also for people who:
– Want to cut silky fish slices for nigiri.
– Yearn to learn techniques behind nigiri that melts on you tongue.
– Dream to learn how to put together a sushi menu consisting of several different kinds of sushi.
– Want to surprise their loved ones with a complete sushi dinner from A to Z.
What do you learn at the course?
– To use Japanese techniques needed for Japanese nigiri of high quality.
– What you should be aware of when you make sushi with raw fish.
– How to fillet a fish to learn the quality it must have in order to be used for sushi.
– To prepare different types of fish for nigiri.
– The importance of knowing the fish structure to be able to cut silky fish slices for nigiri.
– That each fish species has its own cutting technique.
– How to handle seafood for sushi.
– How to make tasty nigiri and sashimi.
What you leave the course
– What you should look for when shopping for seafood.
– How seafood is filleted for sushi.
– Techniques used to cut 4 different types of seafood for nigiri and sashimi.
– How to cut silky fish slices that will melt on the tongue.
– How to prepare ingredients in the best way.
– What it takes to make the perfect nigiri.
You learn step-by-step how to make nigiri and sashimi.
There will also be time for training techniques.
I will use ingredients which you can buy at your local fish store and your local greengrocer’s or in the supermarket so that you can make the same sushi later on.
About the class
My classes are small and exclusive maximum 13 attendants so there will be time to answer questions. Spots are limited. First come first served!
What to bring?
You will bring your own apron, a cutting board, a sharp knife, and a storage container so that you can take the many delicious nigiri pieces that you have made home with you.
All in all, you get a 2-hour sushi course where you learn how to make nigiri and sashimi, totaling approximately 20 sushi pieces. You will receive the recipes so that you can make the same kinds of sushi
at home. Your investment for this most delicate and tasty course is ONLY 675 DKK per person.
When and where?
The class can be held a few times per year.
The course can also be held abroad. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
She cleans a mackerel